Sunday, February 22, 2009

e news flash!!!

the power trio tore through all 5 sections of e
in world-record time: six days to track bass and drums.
that's what I call slick.
(sorry, I couldn't stop my fingers)

julie fueled us with delicious lunches
as well as two evening meals to die for.
(one of which I voted best meal of 2008/09)

eric received the awesome news he is now
an official endorser of ludwig drums.
I am so very happy for him.
a) eric deserves it a thousand times over
b) he will be a terrific ambassador for ludwig and
c) I love ludwig drums!

since my junior high school marching band days
I have always loved ludwig drums.
I remember hours spent drooling over
ludwig drum catalogs; one of my favorite fantasies.
ringo's black oyster pearl kit. my dream.

saul z. is playing shows on the east coast.
upon his return next week, he and I will
continue the process by adding guitar orchestration.
I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

  1. i can't tell you how excited i am to hear this. that you three are so proud and happy about the music only makes the wait harder.

    positive vibes ... and congratulations to eric!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you boss! thanks for being the best mentor a boy could ask for.

    - eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. great news eric!
    hey adrian, any thoughts on the news that bill bruford has retired from touring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. if bill has retired with a happy heart, then I'm very glad for him. along with a certain young buck, he is my favorite drummer of all time. what bill has done in the world of music will shine forever and I'm sure he's not done yet. I wish him all the best. he deserves it.

    cheers,
    adrian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the Schaumburg gig and the release of 'e'. I made Julie's Broccoli/Cheddar soup yesterday with caramelized onions ... nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!

    You sound like you're the group's young pup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw the video from rockplast today and was just blown away by the performances . the slicks are really an amazing rythem section . they actual playing is just so off the chart . no posing or fluff , but the fills and riffs are so technically impressive and appropriate .
    i dont know how to put it into words . eric and julie made me burst out laughing a FEW times . oh and adrian , you did pretty good too ! (heh) . great show , may the abpt live long and prosper .

    simply amazed again , Pt2 .

    ReplyDelete